[Official] Supreme

Anything clothing related
luisnskates
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Re: [Official] Supreme

Post by luisnskates »

Stoopz wrote:^You know what would be great, if Supreme decided to take into consideration the price point of the labels that they are working with. Like the fact that you can buy a Thrasher zip up hoodie for $40 bucks, but you put Supreme on each arm and it's going to be $120 a pop. I know this converstation is as old as I can remember, it would just be nice if they gave back just a little and said - you know what, this is printed on a Champion Jacket that cost us 30 Bucks - let's do our thing and charge $50. That might keep me coming back for more.

Some of this new gear is sick though.
I'm trying not to think too much about the price, but it's something you have to get over when you buy the brand. Unless you're made of money :mrgreen: , which I'm not :lol:. The vans seem to be the only thing priced accordingly!

I could buy some more Thrasher Shirts/Sweater/Jackets and so on for what it will cost to just get this one, but I'll be getting that navy hoodie regardless. Maybe the black. I think it's sick that they collaborated together! I mean the magazine is raw and in my opinion has the deepest roots in skateboarding. I just wish they would have done more pieces. A shirt or a skateboard bag/duffel would have been nice.
magas
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by magas »

wait their hoodies are printed on champions? wtf?

I'm always wondering why hoodie cost so much compared to the t-shirt. 35 dollars tees is still bearable. especially considering how comfy their t-shirt is.
I LIKE IT ROUND LIKE THE MOON
lookdown
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by lookdown »

magas wrote:wait their hoodies are printed on champions? wtf?

I'm always wondering why hoodie cost so much compared to the t-shirt. 35 dollars tees is still bearable. especially considering how comfy their t-shirt is.
I believe that's the 2-Tone Champion jacket.

Their sweaters/hoodies are CYC.
Asami
UTPL Private

Post by Asami »

I hope I can find a hookup for some things, would like a jacket, the kaws box logo hoody and some t-shirts.
magas
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by magas »

lookdown wrote:
magas wrote:wait their hoodies are printed on champions? wtf?

I believe that's the 2-Tone Champion jacket.

Their sweaters/hoodies are CYC.
thanks. now i feel fine buying them.
Stoopz
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Stoopz »

luisnskates wrote:
Stoopz wrote:^You know what would be great, if Supreme decided to take into consideration the price point of the labels that they are working with. Like the fact that you can buy a Thrasher zip up hoodie for $40 bucks, but you put Supreme on each arm and it's going to be $120 a pop. I know this converstation is as old as I can remember, it would just be nice if they gave back just a little and said - you know what, this is printed on a Champion Jacket that cost us 30 Bucks - let's do our thing and charge $50. That might keep me coming back for more.

Some of this new gear is sick though.
I'm trying not to think too much about the price, but it's something you have to get over when you buy the brand. Unless you're made of money :mrgreen: , which I'm not :lol:. The vans seem to be the only thing priced accordingly!

I could buy some more Thrasher Shirts/Sweater/Jackets and so on for what it will cost to just get this one, but I'll be getting that navy hoodie regardless. Maybe the black. I think it's sick that they collaborated together! I mean the magazine is raw and in my opinion has the deepest roots in skateboarding. I just wish they would have done more pieces. A shirt or a skateboard bag/duffel would have been nice.
I'm always thinking about the price, even if I have the extra money to pay for it. It has definitely stopped me from buying specific peices from them. The quality of cut and sew peices are nice - I've been rocking an oxford shirt from them for about 2 years and it's still dope. Paying $100+ for a cut/sew or speciality item is one thing. Paying $100+ for a CYC sweater with 3 silk screens is completely another. I understand why they do it...but just because they can, doesn't mean they should.

My Champion comment was in regards to the 2-tone wind breaker.

The 3 pack of Hanes shirts with the micro Supreme screen will be 25 bucks, when you can order them on Amazon for 12 right now...or pick them up in a Khols for 5-7 bucks. Just to prove my point that I'm not mad - the last time they had the 3 packs of the white shirts, I bought them.
size11.5
magas
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by magas »

^ what you said above is totally true. I see supreme as a skateshop, not a streetwear company. I feel like skateboarders, most of them don't have a lot of money. I try to support local skateshops, but sometime I see cool things that supreme did and when I look at the tag price, it stops me from buying them. so yea they can over price their stuff all they want, but like you said that doesn't mean they have to.
luisnskates
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by luisnskates »

magas wrote:^ what you said above is totally true. I see supreme as a skateshop, not a streetwear company. I feel like skateboarders, most of them don't have a lot of money. I try to support local skateshops, but sometime I see cool things that supreme did and when I look at the tag price, it stops me from buying them. so yea they can over price their stuff all they want, but like you said that doesn't mean they have to.
Some people can't get that through their head. That it is a skateshop. It would be nice to see more skateboarders wearing the brand. I just don't see them making the accommodation anytime soon.

I feel like trying one of these boards out depending on the price and if the Kaws/Supreme hype doesn't make these hard to get. I had the blue stained logo deck (size 8) back in 2008 and it was pretty good. I think they usually make sizes 7.5-8.25, but I noticed there were 5 decks this time. Aren't there usually 4?

Stoopz
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Stoopz »

^I've never actually skated a "regular" supreme board. I've got a huge cruiser deck, that's all leapord print with the box logo on it, that I set up last year. I just like briniging it out to the skatepark everyone in a while and slashing shit up. Total cruiser set up.

They probably decided to make a 5th smaller or larger than the normal run that you mentioned. I think it's sweet that you can get different shapes of decks these days. Before I ever even wanted to pop an ollie, I was just completely taken by riding.....Old man comment coming up - you've got kids who can barely push, but they can stick a bigspin kickflip and rolling speed. My motto has always been - go fast and then learn how to do tricks going fast. It just feels so much better.
size11.5
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yeah man! Gleaming the Cube style. If you hang out in front of board shops these days, all you hear is a bunch of boards popping off of the pavement, and slamming back down. Yeah, it's technical, but there's no soul in it. Everything's that way now days. I think it's the internet, and videos that cause this. Kids see the trick, and can analyze it, and go out and master it. What ever happened to the natural discovery of stuff like that? Everyone's a robot, following what everyone else does. Same thing with DJing. All the young guys can scratch way better than any of the old school guys, but they all follow the same "procedure". Same hamster style fader setup, same EXACT flare to orbit to crab combo, and there's no telling who is scratching when your eyes are closed. It's like they looked it up on some youtube video, or some shit. Don't even get me started about how the DJ has turned into a self-promoting, "I don't need no crew", super star DJ. Hehe.
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

DJGuamstyles wrote:Gleaming the Cube
God made this movie.
I don't really care what's happening in today's skateboarding. As long as I can go out and skate with my friends, even on some curb, I'm a happy man. I know I shouldn't, but I laugh at these new magical flips with their weird names. Hell, I bet there's a trick called Magical Flip :lol: :lol:
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Saw the movie twice in the theatre, when I was like 5 or 6, I forget. Got the DVD a few years after DVDs came into market, and every now and again I will throw it in. There's only a few movies I am like that with. Gleaming the Cube, Karate Kid I, and Top Gun. Something about that 80s movie vibe, where the theme song keeps popping up throughout the movie. I wish new movies did that still! OK, old guy done waxing nostalgic!
luisnskates
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by luisnskates »

Stoopz wrote:^I've never actually skated a "regular" supreme board. I've got a huge cruiser deck, that's all leapord print with the box logo on it, that I set up last year. I just like briniging it out to the skatepark everyone in a while and slashing shit up. Total cruiser set up.

They probably decided to make a 5th smaller or larger than the normal run that you mentioned. I think it's sweet that you can get different shapes of decks these days. Before I ever even wanted to pop an ollie, I was just completely taken by riding.....Old man comment coming up - you've got kids who can barely push, but they can stick a bigspin kickflip and rolling speed. My motto has always been - go fast and then learn how to do tricks going fast. It just feels so much better.
I wish I hadn't slept on the leopard cruiser. I haven't been able to track down one, but if I do I'm definitely setting it up!

I'm 20 now, going on 21 in april. I started skating about 10 years ago and everything around here was rough asphalt so it was hard at first, but over time I got use to it and from then on loved the rough terrain. I push about about a mile to my local spot where it's just some red curbs and a DIY ledge I built in 2007(still standing!). Nothing much, but they are chill. We have a few parks. I mean they're fun, but I prefer being out in the street pushing! Just popping random tricks on the go and pushing to spots. Me and my friends did it alot when we were in high school, but after we graduated we kind of stopped. I see em here and there at the parks, but it's a bitch trying to get them to skate spots or just hit the streets.
luisnskates
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by luisnskates »

Did anyone swing by Supreme today?
Geek.
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Geek. »

Copped one size small rox rogo hoodie and size small rox rogo shirt + 2 size large rox rogos. :?: