Post by miles_hi »

Love me the sk8-hi :lol:
Notch backs rule! :D
retail_whore
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Re: Vans Syndicate x Defcon Old Skool "S" and Sk8-Hi "S"

Post by retail_whore »

I'll be amazed if they haven't tweaked that old skool to match the notchback.
Desperately seeking Andy Kessler Old Skool's.

Size 11.5
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

How so?

sz12
joni_loco
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by joni_loco »

The old skool reminds me of the '96 Supreme x Vans camo.

Want 'em both! This is waayyy better than CDG Vans IMO.
phuphuket
UTPL Private

Post by phuphuket »

There are too many cool Sk8 Hi this year.
erwin
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by erwin »

phuphuket wrote:There are too many cool Sk8 Hi this year.
Can't be.

Gonna cop those sk8 hi's
sz 11
RuDe-oNe
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by RuDe-oNe »

Also from syndicate page

DEFCON members stay under the radar and invest energies into the visual construction of their heartfelt passions. A multi-faceted approach to marketing, design, and photography focuses on shaping brand identities that respond to the fast-paced evolution of online marketing in the digital age and a glutted marketplace. DEFCON collaborators like to take their time, think before they speak, and choose authenticity over corruption.

On October 1st, DEFCON comes up for air to corroborate their long-standing partnership with the Vans Syndicate group. Both models were inspired by Navel Special Warfare AOR1 and AOR2 camo and are a testimony to the long lasting relationship between DEFCON and members of the Special Forces community.

AOR1 and AOR2 camo were developed by Seal Team 6/Devgru during the early years of the war on terror. The actual material contains some highly classified infra red reflective weaving compnents which make it “night vision goggles stealthy”. AOR1 being the dessert option, while AOR2 is the woodland counterpart. The camo was initially issued to Navel Special Warefare tier one unit, Devgru, and was first revealed to the mainstream public by the Bin Laden raid blockbuster, Zero Dark Thirty. Today it is fielded by all Seal Teams.

The Vans Syndicate DEFCON models are a non classified / non ITAR, visually similar versions of the AOR1 and AOR2 camo. The Sk8-Hi Notchback “S” is reinforce in the front, protected by a camel colored fire-proof Warrior Suede®, gusseted tongue and printed digital desert camo on a ripstop quarter panel, and add intricate detail to tongue, inside collar, and side stripe. Second, an Old Skool “S” made privy to similar treatment with black Warrior Suede®, and printed digital woodland camo on ballistic mesh, quarter panel, and tongue. Both shoes feature a moisture wicking Dri-Lex™ lining.
id10tech wrote:I want to know who the fuck you are.
http://www.hideandgrain.com
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Figured some of you might like to enjoy this little write-up I've done of DEFCON.

Vans Syndicate – A Look Back At Prior DEFCON Models Over The Years
Cold World
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by Cold World »

we looking at a middle of the month drop? Im gonna call UNIV in a few and see whats up
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

^^^scheduled to arrive any day now at accounts ---10/1 is start date and they need a few days to ship and arrive in shops. Ive got a little preview on our webstore up now, but will have some better images on the front page of our site more along the lines of the action shots above.

so stoked on this drop.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

Brant will you keep me informed about the factory of production on these? If it isn't IFC then I think I'm really going to need the Old Skool.
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

Jesse -- samples I have right now that are the reverse waffle are from IFC. its definitely a darker gum than we normally see, but haven't put them to the test at all.

Materials through and through are so nice. Every detail perfect.

the old skool are going to pick up a lot of interest once people see them in person, it took me putting it on my foot to realize how wearable it is.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
rescobot
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by rescobot »

silokinesis wrote:Jesse -- samples I have right now that are the reverse waffle are from IFC. its definitely a darker gum than we normally see, but haven't put them to the test at all.

the old skool are going to pick up a lot of interest once people see them in person, it took me putting it on my foot to realize how wearable it is.
Brant's making me want to get both for sure after setting my mind on the sk8 highs. I can't wait to see these in person.
@rescoesloco

NEED in sz 9 or 9.5:
001 mr cartoon authentic
003 wtaps chukka
005 wtaps chukka
018 wtaps sk8 high
usugrow sk8 high
mastodon blood mountain sk8 high[/color]
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

rescobot wrote:
silokinesis wrote:Jesse -- samples I have right now that are the reverse waffle are from IFC. its definitely a darker gum than we normally see, but haven't put them to the test at all.

Brant's making me want to get both for sure after setting my mind on the sk8 highs. I can't wait to see these in person.
+1

I've seen IFC make soles that were good just once since they started using the crappy compounds and that was with the Ave/Dill release. So I'll stay hopeful that these come out solid as well.
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.
mikeyone4life
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by mikeyone4life »

Can anyone confirm whether these will come with flat laces or the round laces they used on Syndicate site?