vulc'n

Introduce yourself - maybe add a pic of your collection, or favorite kicks!
vulc'n
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

vulc'n

Post by vulc'n »

Quick intro: My name is Josh and I am 28 years old, living in Vancouver, BC. I do not even remotely consider myself to be a collector, everything I buy gets put underfoot and run into the ground eventually. Some of my favourite shoes are camper and vans, but I have shoes of all types from combat boots to derbys to sneakers. In the vans range, I most appreciate taka hayashi's work... I'm pretty much obesssed with all of his takes on core models, but have trouble finding a lot of them in my size, since I take a 7-7.5. I ran across this site a year or so back while searching for some late model takas, and have lurked here and there, thought I should sign up and say hello.

A quick look at my vans, this wont excite anybody but I like them:

My first pair of vans, these started life as a pair of 05 or 06 womens vault polka dot suede slipons, but have since been bastardized beyond recognition or repair. I still wear these on the reg... they have been on 3 continents, in 2 jails, and have magical powers ;)

My takas... if anyone has any takas in a 7 or 7.5, let me know as I will most likely buy them. especially looking for the no quarters, and the side-zip/destroy mid-skools, but interested in pretty much everything.

Some others. Not much to say about these, they go on my feet and I walk around?

Other than shoes, I enjoy snowboarding, paintball, sewing and DIY interests, travel, my girlfriend and dog, my car and most of all, (gasp), rollerblading. Pretty much the uncoolest activity on the planet, but I've been doing it 15 years, have a great group of friends that all do the same, and I just can't quit.
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: vulc'n

Post by akamedaniel »

Damn man, 7-7.5!? Well at least you won't have to deal w/ the competition haha. Love the Taka slip-ons and the Santa Rosa sandals! Welcome to the site.
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Welcome, and your Vans are truly magical, haha! Also, nice shots on the rollerblades...that's definitely on some next level shit! I'll keep an eye out for the 7.5 Taka stuff.
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

Welcome man. Those magical slip ons are dynamite.
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.